Thursday, December 29, 2022

Dividend Increase - WEC Energy Group, Inc. (WEC)

 


 

Tuesday, December 13th the Board of Directors of WEC Energy Group, Inc. (WEC) announced  plan to increase a quarterly dividend from $ 0.7275 to $ 0.78 per share that’s payable March 1, 2023 to holders of record February 14, 2023. This represents a 7.22% increase over the last quarterly dividend. The directors expect to declare the new dividend at their regularly scheduled meeting in January.

 

"The board's review today is consistent with our ongoing plan targeting a dividend payout ratio of 65 to 70 percent of earnings," said Gale Klappa, executive chairman.

 

With current price $ 95.07 (today's open), this raise brings their dividend yield to 3.28%.

 

WEC Energy Group is a Dividend Contenders with a 20 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 7.1, 7.0, 6.5 and 10.1 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 15 shares of WEC, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $2.35.

 

This increase was in line with my expectations and I’m happy to take it.

 

This is the fifth dividend increase I've received from WEC Energy Group since initiating a position in February 2018.  During this period, the dividend has grown quite good from $0.553 to $0.78 or 41.1%.

 

This increase raises my YOC to 5.22%.

 

 

This is the 94th dividend increase I've received from companies in my portfolio this year and brings my total 12-month dividend increase to $846.97.


Summary of 2022 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long WEC

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment