Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Dividend Increase - Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)

 


 

Thursday, December 8th the Board of Directors of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 0.54 to $ 0.57 per share that’s payable February 1, 2023 to holders of record January 6, 2023. This represents a 5.56% increase over the last quarterly dividend.

 

This marks the fourteenth consecutive fiscal year that the company has increased its dividend and the 91st consecutive year that the company has paid a dividend.

 

With current price $ 78.89 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 2.89%.

 

Bristol-Myers Squibb is a Dividend Contenders with a 14year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 8.9, 7.0, 5.2 and 4.0 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 80 shares of BMY, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $7.15.

 

This increase was in line with my expectations and I happy to take it.

 

This is the second dividend increase I received from BMY since initiating a position in in December 2020. During this period, the quarterly dividend has risen nicely from $0.49 to $0.57, or 16.3%

 

This increase raises my YOC to 3.74%.

 

 

Summary of 2022 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long BMY

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment