Friday, October 14, 2022

Dividend Increase - McDonald's Corporation (MCD)

 


 

Yesterday, October 13th the Board of Directors of McDonald's Corporation (MCD) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 1.38 to $ 1.52 per share that’s payable December 15, 2022 to holders of record December 1, 2022. This represents a 10.14% increase over the last quarterly dividend.

 

McDonald's has a strong history of returning capital to its shareholders and has raised its dividend for 46 consecutive years since paying its first dividend in 1976.

 

With current price $ 246.75 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 2.46%.

 

 

McDonald's is a Dividend Champions with a 46 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 4.2, 7.8, 7.8 and 7.6 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 20 shares of MCD, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 8.34.

 

I was expecting an increase of around 6%, so the one now announced is considerably higher than my own expectations, which I am of course glad to accept.

 

This is the ninth dividend increase I received from McDonald's Corporation since initiating a position August 2014. During this period, the quarterly dividend has risen comfortably from $ 0.81 to $ 1.52, or 87.7 percent.

 

This increase raises my YOC to 6.43%.

 

 

Summary of 2022 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long MCD

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment