Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Dividend Increase - Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)

 


Tuesday, April 19th the Board of Directors of Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 1.06 to $ 1.13 per share that’s payable June 7, 2022 to holders of record May 24, 2022. This represents a 6.60% increase over the last quarter dividend.

 

“In recognition of our 2021 results, strong financial position, and

confidence in the future of Johnson & Johnson, the Board of Directors has voted to

increase the quarterly dividend for the 60th consecutive year,” said Joaquin Duato,

Chief Executive Officer of the company.

 

With current price $ 183.08 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 2.47%.

 

Johnson & Johnson is a Dividend Champions with a 60 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 5.3, 5.8, 5.9 and 6.4 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 60 shares of JNJ, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 12.52.

 

I was expecting an increase of about 5%, so this increase was a little higher than I expected and I am happy to take it.

 

This is the eight dividend increase I've received from Johnson & Johnson since initiating a position in February 2015. During that period, the quarterly dividend has grown as expected from $ 0.66 to $ 1.13, or 71.2 percent.

 

This increase raises my YoC to 4.63%.

 

 

Summary of 2022 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long JNJ

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment