Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Dividend Increase - The Coca-Cola Company (KO)

 


 

Thursday, February 17th the Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company (KO) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 0.42 to $ 0.44 per share that’s payable April 1, 2022 to holders of record March 15, 2022. This represents a 4.76% increase over the last quarter dividend. This was the company’s 60th consecutive annual dividend increase.

 

With current price $ 62.24 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 2.83%.

 

Coca-Cola is a Dividend Champions with a 60 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 2.4, 2.5, 3.7 and 6.0 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 150 shares of KO, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 8.94.

 

The increase was a bit higher than I expected and I’m very pleased to take it.

 

This is the 9th dividend increase I've received from Coca-Cola since initiating a position in October 2013. During this period, the quarterly dividend has risen moderately from $ 0.28 to $ 0.44 or 57.1 percent.

 

This increase raises my YOC to 4.70%.

 

 

Summary of 2021 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long KO

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

  1. It was nice to see KO come through with the nearly 5% increase. I was expecting another $0.01 raise so getting that extra $0.01 sure was nice.

    ReplyDelete