Thursday, May 27, 2021

Dividend Increase #49 of 2021 - Unum Group (UNM)

 

 

Thursday, May 27th the Board of Directors of Unum Group (UNM) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 0.285 to $ 0.30 per share.  The new rate of 30.0 cents per common share, or $1.20 per share on an annual basis, will be effective with the dividend expected to be paid in the third quarter of 2021. This represents a 5.26% increase over the last quarterly dividend.

 

With current price $ 30.33 (today's open), this raise brings their dividend yield to 3.96%.

 

 

Unum Group is a Dividend Contenders with a 13 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 4.6, 9.9, 10.2 and 12.5 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 150 shares of UNM, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 6.71.

 

The increase in the dividend, and especially its timing, came as a surprise to me, as the dividend had remained the same for the past eight quarters. However, I am happy to take that announcement.

 

This is the first dividend increase I've received from Unum Group since initiating a position in January 2021. (More here)

 

This increase raises my YOC to 4.77%.

 

 

Summary of 2021 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long UNM

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment