Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Dividend Increase #16 of 2021 - Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)

 


Thursday, February 4th the Board of Directors of Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 0.68 to $ 0.71 per share that’s payable March 30, 2021 to holders of record March 15, 2021. This represents a 4.41% increase over the last quarterly dividend.

 

With current price $ 67.97 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 4.18%.

 

GILD is a Dividend Challengers with a 6 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3 and 5 years are 7.9, 9.4, and 16.1 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 40 shares of Gilead, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 3.54.

 

This dividend increase was a small disappointment, my expectations were not high, but I expected an increase of at least about 6 percent.

 

This is the fifth dividend increase I've received from Gilead Sciences since initiating a position in June 2016. Total dividend growth over that time is fine at 51%.

 

This increase raises my YOC to 4.53%.

 

 

Summary of 2021 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long GILD

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment