Thursday, June 9, 2016

Dividend Increase – Target Corporation (TGT)


Yesterday the Board of Directors of Target Corporation announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $0.56 to $0.60 per share that’s payable September 10, 2016 to holders of record August17 , 2016. This represents a 7.14% increase to regular quarterly dividends. With current price $68.35 (yesterdays open), this raise brings their dividend yield to 3.51%. 

The 3rd quarter dividend will be the company’s 196th consecutive dividend paid since October 1967 when the company became publicly held. With the increase announced today, 2016 is expected to be the 45th consecutive year in which Target has increased its annual dividend. 

Since I own 100 shares, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $11.92.

That increase rises my YOC to 4.18%.

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

5 comments:

  1. I have thought to buy some Target or Wal-Mart later in this year. Looks Great Target continues increasing the dividends.
    Do you see any obvious differences between these two?

    br, Osinkokone.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Osinkokone!

      Both are great companies with a long history of dividend growth. During the last few years, Target has increased its dividend more than Wal-Mart. TGT has traditionally been a bit "cheaper" than the WMT. I would also like to have Wal-Mart in my portfolio.

      Thanks for visiting!
      DH

      Delete
  2. Thanks DH, I have quite the same thoughts with this matter. Eventually, I think, I will have those both also. :-)

    Osinkokone

    ps. that adding to your blogroll would be cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawk,

    Loving this and thank you for sharing. This increased my forward income by about $8. I actually may have just added to my position as well ; ) As the stock price has trended down since the increase, which is always funny to me! Thanks again and have a great weekend.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 'free' raise. I always love it when a company in my portfolio announces a dividend increase.

    I have been following Target recently and it looks to be currently trading at an attractive valuation with a P/E of just 13. The dividend yield is also very healthy considering the low payout ratio. Definitely on the watch-list.

    ReplyDelete