Saturday, January 27, 2024

Dividend Increase - Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)

 



Thursday, January 25th the Board of Directors of Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $0.45 to $0.50 per share that’s payable February 29, 2024 to holders of record February 8, 2024. This represents a 11.1% increase over the last quarterly dividend.


This is ADM's 369th consecutive quarterly payment, a record of more than 92 years of uninterrupted dividends.


With current price $52.05 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 3.84%.


ADM is a Dividend Champions with a 49 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 12.5, 7.7, 6.1 and 9.0 (Dividend Champions.xls)



Since I own 85 shares of ADM, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $12.67.


I was expecting an increase of about 6% and based on the earlier news I was prepared for a completely different announcement, so this increase was a really big surprise for me.


This is the 8th dividend increase I've received from Archer-Daniels-Midland Company since initiating a position in February 2016. During this period, the dividend has grown reasonably from $0.30 to $0.50 or 66.7%


This increase raises my YOC to 5.62%.



Summary of 2024 Dividend Increases / Cuts



Click here to see my portfolio holdings.


You can follow the development of my dividends here.


Full Disclosure: Long ADM


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment