Friday, July 14, 2023

Dividend Increase - Duke Energy Corporation (DUK)



 

Yesterday, July 13th the Board of Directors of Duke Energy Corporation (DUK) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $1.005 to $1.025 per share that’s payable September 18, 2023 to holders of record August 18, 2023. This represents a 1.99% increase over the last quarterly dividend.


With current price $93.31 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 4.39%.


Duke Energy is a Dividend Contenders with a 19 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 2.1, 2.0, 2.7 and 2.8 (Dividend Champions.xls)



Since I own 35 shares of DUK, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $2.09.


This increase is quite small, although it is in line with previous increases. However, I was expecting an increase of around 4%, but I will accept that as well.


This is the sixth dividend increase I've received from Duke Energy since initiating a position in January 2018. During this period, the quarterly dividend has risen marginally from $0.89 to $1.025, or 15.2 percent.


This increase raises my YOC to 5.09%.



Summary of 2023 Dividend Increases / Cuts



Click here to see my portfolio holdings.


You can follow the development of my dividends here.


Full Disclosure: Long DUK


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment