Friday, July 16, 2021

Dividend Increase #55 of 2021 - Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA)

 


Wednesday, July 14th the Board of Directors of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 0.4675 to $ 0.4775 per share that’s payable September 10, 2021 to holders of record August 20, 2021. This represents a 2.14% increase over the last quarterly dividend.

 

Walgreens Boots Alliance and its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., have paid a dividend in 355 straight quarters (more than 88 years) and have raised the dividend for 46 consecutive years.

 

With current price $ 46.25 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 4.13%.

 

WBA is a Dividend Champions with a 46 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 3.1, 6.1, 5.8 and 11.5 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 65 shares of WBA, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 1.94.

 

This increase was significantly lower what I was waiting, I expected an increase of about 4-5 percent. However, an increase is always an increase and I would rather accept it than a reduction.

 

This is the fourth dividend increase I've received from Duke Energy Corporation since initiating a position in January 2018. During this period, the quarterly dividend has risen sufficiently from $ 0.40 to $ 0.4775, or 19.4 percent.

 

This increase raises my YOC to 3.82%.

 

 

Summary of 2021 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long WBA

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment