Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Dividend Income - September 2020


 



Time seems to be going really fast these days, again the month has changed, the third quarter is over and it’s time to report my dividend income. In September 2020 my portfolio dividend income was as follows:

 

 

 

 

 

My Total dividends in September are € 1,557.15 ($ 1,808.59). After tax payments, my net dividend income is € 1,157.09 ($ 1,345.24). In year 2019, my net dividend income in September was € 1,126.46 ($ 1241.80). My portfolio's net dividend income increased by € 30.63 or 2.7% to compared the same month of last year. Compared to the previous year, there have been a couple of changes to the dividend income of September: New holdings in a portfolio (AVA, RTX, UNP, V, AFL and PRU), additional purchases (PFE and MMM), a few dividend cuts or freezes. (KTB, IPL.TO and SDIV). Despite a few new acquisitions, my net dividend income in euros grew quite slightly, due to the recent strengthening of the Euro against the dollar.

 

 


 

This month's dividend increased my cumulative net dividend income € 89,333.32.

 

 


 

After September my net dividend income is € 12,048.32 ($ 13,406.46), so I have now collected 67% of my target net passive income for this year, which is €18,000.00. It is already clear that I will not achieve my goal. As I have mentioned earlier some companies of my portfolio have already cut, postponed or cancelled dividend payments. Because of this, it is highly unlikely that I will reach my target for dividend income in 2020. There will probably be more unpleasant news later in the year. A few more dividend cuts and I can be happy if I achieve the same net dividend income as last year, which was around 15,500.00. However, I will continue, according to my own plan and make purchases from what I think are good dividend-paying companies.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long on above mentioned stocks

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment