Saturday, July 7, 2018

Dividend Increase – Duke Energy Corporation (DUK)


Yesterday the Board of Directors of Duke Energy Corporation announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 0.89 to $ 0.9275 per share that’s payable September 17, 2018 to holders of record August 17 , 2018. This represents a 4.21% increase to regular quarterly dividends. With current price $ 81.62 (yesterdays close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 4.55%. 


"For 92 consecutive years, the dividend has played an important role in delivering value to our shareholders," said Lynn Good, chairman, president and CEO. "This increase reflects continued confidence in our ability to produce strong financial results as we execute our long-term strategy."



Since I own 35 shares of DUK, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 3.91.

That increase rises my YOC to 4.61%. 



Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

Full Disclosure: Long DUK

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update DH. One of my holding too. I looked on their website Friday afternoon and didn't see a press release so I was happy to see your post this morning. I think this is a pretty good size increase for an already high yielding utility. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawk -

    Though I don't own them, it's nice seeing a solid dividend increase from a utility player. I look forward to hearing about others in the same industry down the road this year, such as ConEd!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete