Welcome and thanks for reading! In this review, I will gather together important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio holdings. In my week review, I put also together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week.
Dividends from My Portfolio Holdings:
- On October 13 I received a dividend of € 50.03 from Philip Morris International Inc.
- On October 16 I received a dividend of € 15.74 from American Realty Capital Properties Inc.
Dividend income reported after the deduction of taxes. I have also updated my Monthly Dividend sheet.
News from My Portfolio Holdings:
Intel Corporation: October 14, 2014 Third Quarter Result (More here)
- Third-Quarter revenue of $14.6 billion, up $1.1 billion or 8 percent year-over-year
- Record quarterly unit shipments of PCs, servers, tablets, phones and Internet of Things, the first time Intel has shipped more than 100 million microprocessors in a quarter
- Operating income of $4.5 billion, up 30 percent year-over-year
- Completed $4.2 billion share repurchase
NCC: October 15, 2014
- NCC has been commissioned to construct a new tunnel along the E134 highway between Gvammen and Århus in Telemark, Norway. The construction period will be four and a half years and the contract is worth SEK 1,140 million. (More here)
Kinder Morgan, Inc: October 15, 2014 Third Quarter Result (More here)
- Third quarter cash available to pay dividends of $435 million, up from $424 million for the same period a year ago.
- For the first nine months of the year, the company reported cash available to pay dividends of $1.340 billion, up 9 percent from $1.231 billion for the same period in 2013.
- Announced an increase in the quarterly cash dividend to $0.44 per share ($1.76 annualized), up 7 percent from $0.41 per share ($1.64 annualized) for the same period last year.
- KMI will have a projected dividend of $2.00 per share for 2015, a 16 percent increase over the budgeted 2014 KMI dividend target of $1.72 per share.
Neste Oil Corporation: October 16, 2014
- Neste Oil's biopropane will be sold to SHV Energy (More here)
Philip Morris International Inc. October 16, 2014 Third Quarter Result (More here)
- Reported diluted earnings per share of $1.38, down by $0.06 or 4.2% versus $1.44 in 2013
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $1.39, down by $0.05 or 3.5% versus $1.44 in 2013
- Cigarette shipment volume of 222.3 billion units, down by 0.4% excluding acquisitions
- Reported net revenues, excluding excise taxes, of $7.9 billion, down by 0.9%
- Reported operating companies income of $3.5 billion, down by 5.5%
- Adjusted operating companies income, reflecting the items detailed in the attached Schedule 11, of $3.4 billion, down by 5.8%
- Reported operating income of $3.3 billion, down by 7.1%
- Increased the regular quarterly dividend by 6.4% to an annualized rate of $4.00 per common share
- Repurchased 8.9 million shares of the company's common stock for $750 million
TeliaSonera: October 17, 2014 Interim Report January–September 2014 (More here)
- Net sales in local currencies, excluding acquisitions and disposals, decreased 2.0 percent. In reported currency, net sales increased 0.2 percent to SEK 25,464 million (25,416). Service revenues in local currencies, excluding acquisitions and disposals, decreased 0.6 percent.
- EBITDA, excluding non-recurring items, decreased 0.9 percent in local currencies, excluding acquisitions and disposals. In reported currency, EBITDA, excluding non-recurring items, increased 0.2 percent to SEK 9,439 million (9,419). The EBITDA margin, excluding non-recurring items, was stable at 37.1 percent (37.1).
- Operating income, excluding non-recurring items, decreased 5.9 percent to SEK 7,266 million (7,721).
- Net income attributable to owners of the parent company decreased 12.2 percent to SEK 4,073 million (4,641) and earnings per share to SEK 0.94 (1.07).
- Free cash flow decreased to SEK 6,387 million (7,308) due to higher cash CAPEX.
- Group outlook for 2014 is unchanged.
General Electric Company: October 17, 2014 Third Quarter Result (More here)
- 3Q operating EPS $0.38, +6%
- 3Q Industrial segment profit +9%, YTD +10%
- 3Q Industrial segment organic revenues +4%, YTD +5%
- 3Q margins +90 bps, YTD +50 bps
- 3Q orders +22%, Growth market orders +34%, U.S. orders +25%
- Cash generation of $7.2 billion year-to-date, $3.8 billion generated in 3Q
- GE Capital ENI (excluding cash and equivalents) at $365 billion, down 5% vs. year-ago
Articles that caught my attention:
- Undervalued Dividend Growth Stock of the Week by Jason Fieber, Dividend Mantra on Daily Trade Aler
- I Feel The Same Way About General Electric Right Now As I Did About Johnson & Johnson In 2011 by Tim McAleenan Jr. on The Financial Home Of Tim McAleenan Jr.
- Canadian Banks for Long Term Dividend Growth by Dividend Growth Investor
- Capitalizing on the Decline in Oil Prices by Income Surfer
- How To Know When A REIT Is Worth Buying by Brad Thomas on Seeking Alpha
- The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) Stock Analysis Pollie Style by Polliesdividend
- Introducing the 2014 Dividend Calendar by WriteYourOwnReality
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) Dividend Stock Analysis by Roadmap2Retire on Seeking Alpha
- The First Step Toward Financial Freedom Is Deciding That You Have Enough by Kate Dore on Cashville Skyline
- Create Your Own Miniature Berkshire Hathaway by Dividend Mantra
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY) Dividend Stock Analysis by Roadmap2Retire on Seeking Alpha
- Two and a half purchases I made this week by Dividend Growth Investor
- Dividend Aristocrats In Focus Part 21 of 54: 3M (MMM) by Ben Reynolds on Sure Dividend
- A Look At Four Great Dividend Stocks by Ben on Dividend Mantra
I wish all readers a nice next week.