Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Dividend Increase - Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)



 

Tuesday, April 16th the Board of Directors of Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $1.19 to $1.24 per share that’s payable June 4, 2024 to holders of record May 21, 2024. This represents a 4.20% increase over the last quarter dividend.


With current price $145.01 (today's open), this raise brings their dividend yield to 3.42%.



Johnson & Johnson is a Dividend Champions with a 62 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 5.6, 5.7, 5.8 and 6.1 (Dividend Champions.xls)



Since I own 60 shares of JNJ, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $8.94.


I was expecting an increase of about 6%, so this increase was a bit disappointing, but an increase is always an increase and I accept it.


This is the tenth dividend increase I've received from Johnson & Johnson since initiating a position in February 2015. During that period, the quarterly dividend has grown acceptably from $0.66 to $1.24, or 87.9 percent.


This increase raises my Yield on Cost to 5.08%.



Summary of 2024 Dividend Increases / Cuts



Click here to see my portfolio holdings.


You can follow the development of my dividends here.


Full Disclosure: Long JNJ


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment