Friday, September 8, 2023

Dividend Increase - Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ)



 

Thursday, September 7th the Board of Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 0.6525 to $0.665 per share that’s payable November 1, 2023 to holders of record October 10, 2023. This represents a 1.92% increase over the last quarterly dividend.


This is the 17th consecutive year Verizon’s Board has approved a quarterly dividend increase.


“Our consistently disciplined approach to driving strong cash flow, operating the business, and serving our customers has once again put the Board in a position to raise the dividend,” said Chairman and CEO Hans Vestberg. “We continue to deliver value to our shareholders as we execute our network-as-a-service strategy.”


With current price $33.81 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 7.87%.



Verizon is a Dividend Contenders with a 17 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 2.0, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 (Dividend Champions.xls)



Since I own 250 shares of VZ, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $9.31.


This increase was in line with my expectations.


This is the third dividend increase I've received from Verizon since initiating a position in June 2021.


This increase raises my YOC to 5.38%.



Summary of 2023 Dividend Increases / Cuts



Click here to see my portfolio holdings.


You can follow the development of my dividends here.


Full Disclosure: Long VZ


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Hi DH!
    First time to comment your posts. Anyway, always inspiring to read your posts. Verizon is missing in my portfolio but on my radar get added sometime maybe. Telecom is not the hottest sector at the moment and right now my focus is elsewere but 17 years in a streak (new word learned so thanks for this!) tells something nice.

    Keep on DH!
    Cheers, Kalkyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kalkyl and glad to hear that you find it inspiring to read my posts :) Glad you stopped by, hope to see you again soon!

      Cheers, HD

      Delete