Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Dividend Increase - AbbVie Inc. (ABBV)

 


Friday, October 28th the Board of Directors of AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 1.41 to $ 1.48 per share that’s payable February 15, 2023 to holders of record January 3, 2023. This represents a 4.96% increase over the last quarterly dividend.

 

With current price $ 147.03 (today's open), this raise brings their dividend yield to 4.03%.

 

 

AbbVie is a Dividend Contenders with an 11 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3 and 5 years are 10.2, 13.1 and 17.9 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 80 shares of ABBV, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 16.69.

 

I was expecting the quarterly dividend to rise to a $1.50, or a little over six percent, so this increase was a little below my expectation, but this also works for me.

 

This is the ninth dividend increase I received from AbbVie since initiating a position October 2016. During this period, the quarterly dividend has risen nicely from $0.51 to $1.48, or 190.2%.

 

This increase raises my YOC to 8.63%.

 

 

Summary of 2022 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long ABBV

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment