Thursday, November 18, 2021

Dividend Increase #80 of 2021 - Aflac Incorporated (AFL)

 

 

Monday, November 15th the Board of Aflac Incorporated (AFL) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 0.33 to $ 0.40 per share that’s payable March 1, 2021 to holders of record February 16, 2021. This represents a 21.2% increase over the last quarterly dividend.

 

Commenting on the announcement, Aflac Incorporated Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Daniel P. Amos said: "I am pleased with the Board's action to increase the first quarter 2022 dividend. We treasure our record of 39 consecutive years of dividend increases, and our dividend track record is supported by the strength of our capital and cash flows. We remain committed to maintaining strong capital ratios on behalf of our policyholders and balance this financial strength with tactical capital deployment."

 

With current price $ XX.xx (today's open), this raise brings their dividend yield to x.xx%.

 

Aflac is a Dividend Champions with a 39 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 3.7, 8.8, 7.2 and 7.0 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 75 shares of AFL, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 15.65.

 

The increase was a big surprise to me, as I expected it to be around 10%. However, I am happy to accept this.

 

This is the second dividend increase I received from Aflac since initiating a position August 2020. (More here) During this period, the quarterly dividend has risen by an impressive 42.9% from $0.28 to $0.40.

 

This increase raises my YOC to 4.23%.

 

 

Summary of 2021 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long AFL

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

  1. That raise sure was nice to see. I would have been happy with anything in the 6-8% range so 20%+ is definitely exciting. That boosted our forward dividends by over $40.

    ReplyDelete