Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Dividend Income - August 2020




Summer is gone, autumn has begun and it is time to report my dividend income. In August 2020 my portfolio dividend income was as follows:

 

 

 

 

 

 

My Total dividends in August are € 884.99 ($ 1,048.42). After tax payments, my net dividend income is € 655.98 ($ 777.10). In year 2019, my net dividend income in August was € 832.94 ($ 925.45). My portfolio's net dividend income decreased by € 176.96 or 21.2% to compared the same month of last year. Compared to the previous year, there have been a couple of changes to the dividend income of August: Extraordinary dividend from TEL2-B will pay in October, not on August like it was last year, new holdings in a portfolio (SBUX and GD), additional purchases (ABBV), few dividend cuts or freezes. (WRK, SKT, IPL.TO and SDIV)

 

 


 

This month's dividend increased my cumulative net dividend income € 88,290.48.

 

 


 

After August my net dividend income is € 10,891.22 ($ 11,284.11), so I have now collected 61% of my target net passive income for this year, which is €18,000.00. It is already clear that I will not achieve my goal. As I have mentioned earlier some companies of my portfolio have already cut, postponed or cancelled dividend payments. Because of this, it is highly unlikely that I will reach my target for dividend income in 2020. There will probably be more unpleasant news later in the year. A few more dividend cuts and I can be happy if I achieve the same net dividend income as last year, which was around 15,500.00. However, I will continue, according to my own plan and make purchases from what I think are good dividend-paying companies. One day, even this crisis will be over and then the return to the “normal” situation starts. When it will happen, time will show.

 

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long on above mentioned stocks

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice numbers for this month,even i will have trouble achieving my goal of 11k for the year.Quite a few common stocks like GD,CVS,ABBV,t.

    ReplyDelete