Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Dividend Income - July 2020

 

 

July is gone and it's time to look at how the month went in terms of my dividend income. In July 2020 my portfolio dividend income was as follows:

 

 

 

 

 

 

My Total dividends in July are € 1,185.66 ($ 1,358.89). After tax payments, net dividend income is € 879.93 ($ 1,008.47). In year 2019, my net dividend income in July was € 921.81 ($ 1,034.81). My portfolio's net dividend income decreased by € 41.88 or 4.5% to compared the same month of last year. The reason for the decline in dividend income is the dividend cuts by companies such as VTR, VER, IPL and SDIV. 

 

 

 

This month's dividend increased my cumulative net dividend income € 87,634.50. 

 

 

After July my net dividend income is € 10,235.25 ($ 11,284.11), so I have now collected 57% of my target net passive income for this year, which is €18,000.00. It is already clear that I will not achieve my goal. As I have mentioned earlier some companies of my portfolio have already cut, postponed or cancelled dividend payments. Because of this, it is highly unlikely that I will reach my target for dividend income in 2020. There will probably be more unpleasant news later in the year. A few more dividend cuts and I can be happy if I achieve the same net dividend income as last year, which was around 15,500.00. However, I will continue, according to my own plan and make purchases from what I think are good dividend-paying companies. One day, even this crisis will be over and then the return to the “normal” situation starts. When it will happen, time will show.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long on above mentioned stocks

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment