Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Recent Buy - Emera Incorporated (EMA.TO)

On Friday, January 27, I bought 25 shares of Emera Incorporated at CA$ 45.98 per share plus commission.


My overall cost basis of this position decreases from CA$ 47.31 to CA$ 47.04 per share. I totally hold now 105 shares of EMA and my yield on cost is 4.44%. I purchased my first EMA's shares a couple of months ago, you can read my first acquisition of EMA here



Details of my purchase: 



With current quarterly dividend (CA$ 0.5225), this purchase 25 shares of EMA increases € 27.75 (CA$ 38.93) of expected annual net dividend income. 

At today's exchange rate, this purchase will increase my portfolio projected annual net dividend income approximately to € 10,240.00.

Click here to see my portfolio.

Full Disclosure: Long EMA

Thanks for stopping by!
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi I was just wondering how you calculate your yield? If your cost on EMA was $47.04 and you yearly dividend is $2.09 that would equal a 4.44% yield. I'm really sorry to burst your bubble. :-)
    PS. Great purchase by the way,I'm also a holder of EMA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for the remark! At least someone has read my text! Mistyping and fixed now.

      Cheers,
      DH

      Delete
  2. Hi DH. As an euro current investor and seeing you are buying utilities, take a look to REE.
    https://www.google.com/finance?q=BME%3AREE&ei=Q-aRWOmALMaUUNi2gpgJ
    It´s a Spanish dividend aristocrat with almost 20 years of dividend growth road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to be able to reduce your cost basis on existing positions, DividendHawk -- all the best and happy investing in 2017~!

    ReplyDelete