Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dividend Income - May 2015

In May 2015 my portfolio dividend income was as follows:

Annual dividend received from:

Gjensidige Forsikring (GJF.OL) - €278.04 ($311.28)
Tele2 B (TEL2-B) - €321.65 ($350.46) 

Quarterly dividends received from:

AT&T Inc. (T) - €131.88 ($145.70)
Kinder Morgan Inc. (KMI) - €84.71 ($96.00)
Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) - €7.08 ($8.10)
HCP Inc. (HCP) - €23.38 ($25.43)
Royal Bank of Canada (RY.TO) - €31.31 ($34.65) 
Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP) - €132.99 ($147.75)


Monthly dividends received from:

Global X SuperDividend ETF (SDIV) - €64.27 ($72.30)

My Total dividends in May are € 1075.31 ($1191.67). After tax payments, net dividend income is € 792.23 ($877.89). In year 2014, my net dividend income in May was € 797.18. My portfolio's net dividend income decreased by 0.62% compared to last year in May. This was mainly due to the fact that the GJF dividend this year NOK 5.90 was lower as NOK 12.80 last year. On the other hand, this year Tele2 paid an extraordinary dividend of SEK 10.00 per share.




This month's dividend increased my cumulative net dividend income € 21771.73.



My net dividend income YTD is € 5484.62, so I have now collected 63.0% of my target net dividend income for this year, which is €8700.

You can follow the development of my dividends here.


Photo Credit: ddpavumba/FreeDigitalPhotos.net     
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Over $1k in one month - congrats! But I guess that's old news for you :). Best of luck to you in June.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken, thank you. Yeah I have known that already some months :) Good luck for you too.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete
  2. Hawk, that GJF really slashed dividend for good? But still nice big numbers and only tiny decrease YOY.
    T, KMI and HCP remembered me with dividend checks too. And I intend to join you in RY club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DL and thanks. I also hope that I am able to increase slightly in RY during this month.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete
  3. Doing great buddy. Congrats on being so far toward your goal less than half way through the year. $10k is virtually assured for 2016
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryan, thanks. The year's first half is always better to me than the end of the year, because of my holdings of Nordic companies and their annual dividends.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your progress DH! 12-month dividend income over 20k is freaking amazing

    Best regards
    DB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DB, thank you. That's a bit over 20K is my total dividend income, starting from year 2010, unfortunately not from last 12 months.

      Thanks for visiting!
      DH

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the progress, DH. Sad to see that the div decreased from one of your holdings, but Im sure your other investments will pay off overall.

    Best wishes
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R2R and thank you. It's no any surprise that GJF reduced the dividend. These Nordic companies tend to pay almost all the profit out of each year, and do not have the same kind of perseverance, as the North American companies. For this reason, I also do not add them anymore, but to concentrate on other markets.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete
  6. Hi DH,

    I'm one who never lose reading your posts for a time ago. You give an useful inspiration as well as others from the US, although your portfolio is not for me since I prefer to focus on € markets, which I feel more safety as well as you because you are from Finland. I consider that the diversification is very important, now I'm building my one. I have only 8 stocks after I sold one yesterday and I will try to achieve 10 stocks at the end of year. Moreover, my portfolio is basically IBEX stocks and also few from other markets such as DAX and Dow.

    From this post, I'm totally surprised that more than 25% of all dividends is only one month: April. Is it because of Nordic stocks annual dividend payments? Thank you for your contribution to Buy & Hold's inspiration and follow by this way. Kind regards.

    A Spaniard from Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Francesc

      Thank you, nice to hear that I can also inspire you! 8-10 stocks are a very good start, your portfolio will surely have more stocks when time goes on. Yeah, you are right, mostly in April I will receive dividends on my domestic stocks and those are annual ones.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete
  7. Great progress DH!

    Great milestone achieved, I can't wait to get to that level!

    Regards
    Dividend Freedom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dividend Freedom and thank you! You're already on your way, because you have started. Just continue at the same pace and in a few years time the results start to look good.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete