Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Recent Buy - McDonald's Corporation (MCD)

18th August 2014 I Bought 20 shares of MCD at $94.25 per share plus commission.



McDonald’s Corporation franchises and operates McDonald's restaurants in the United States, Europe, the Asia/Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, Canada, and Latin America. The company’s restaurants offer various food items, soft drinks, coffee, and other beverages, as well as breakfast menus. As of December 31, 2013, it operated 35,429 restaurants, including 28,691 franchised and 6,738 company-operated restaurants. The company was founded in 1940 and is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.



MCD is a Dividend Champion with an 38 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 8.7, 11.3, 13.9 and 22.8. (DividendChampions.xls) MCD now pays dividends of $0.81 per share in March, June, September and December. 

 


MCD's earnings per share has moved steadily upwards, except a big dip in 2007.

Some ratings for MCD:

My last purchase 20 shares of MCD increases €36.17 ($48.28) of expected annual dividend net income, which increases my portfolio projected annual dividend net income to €7433.90. With purchase price $94.25 plus commission my starting yield on cost is 3.43%. 

Finally, last month I had opened an account with a new broker. Now I have the opportunity to trade more frequently and in smaller amounts, because the transaction costs are lower. In the past, they were $20 for American Stock Exchange and CAD 30 for Toronto Stock Exchange. New trading costs are now $5 to the American Stock Exchange and CAD 5 to the Toronto Stock Exchange.

I intend in the future to increase the MCD number of shares in my portfolio.

Click here to see my portfolio.

Full Disclosure: Long MCD

10 comments:

  1. i could only afford 15 of them :(, im just a anonymous reader but wanted to say i pop in here every week, love your blog DH,/ regards the swedish anonymous read :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROE on mainio, samoin osingonkasvuvauhti. Hyvä veto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People will still eat burgers in 100 years. Nice buy! Just bought it last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Itsekin tarkkaillut muutaman viikon jo MCD:a, ehkä nyt uskaltaa vetää liipasimesta jos haukkakin... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice buy Hawk...we also picked up a few shares of MCD recently. I think the recent dip offers a nice entry point. McDonalds is a global brand that is here to stay. I know they have received lots of heat from health fanatics but I'm confident that MCD will do whatever it takes to stay relevant and profitable. AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your latest purchase. I am long in MCD as well for a very long time and still adding more of it. The only thing you got wrong here is the logo - it's already green as of today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess you chose Lynx Broker? With your portfolio IB would've been cheaper as you don't have to pay the monthly minimum at all if your portfolio is > $100k. Anyway, Lynx is a good choice and makes it easy to switch to IB if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      Yes you are right, I chose Lynx, because it doesn't have any monthly fees. I know that the IB would have been cheaper, but in that case I would have to move my portfolio or part of it to the IB, which I didn't want to do in this situation.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      DH

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing your MCD purchase. I know MCD has been popular since late July when the stock price fell from about $103 to $93. It's in my portfolio too and I'm lovin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. McDonald’s technology is probably the most important feature of the restaurants because it allows them to move so many customers in and out of their buildings every day...


    Mcdonalds Company Profile

    ReplyDelete