Thursday, February 22, 2024

Dividend Increase - TC Energy Corporation (TRP)

 



Friday, February 16th the Board of Directors of TC Energy Corporation (TRP) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from C$0.93 to C$0.96 per share that’s payable April 30, 2024 to holders of record March 28, 2024. This represents a 3.23% increase over the last quarterly dividend.


With current price C$53.82 (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to 7.13%.



TC Energy is a member of Canadian Dividend All Star List with a 24 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 3.3, 4.7, 6.2 and 7.3 (Canadian Dividend All-Star List)



Since I own 135 shares of TRP, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $8.95.


I was expecting an increase of around 5%, so this was a slight disappointment.


This is the third dividend increase I've received from TRP since initiating a position in February 2021. During this period, the dividend has grown moderately from C$0.87 to C$0.96 or 10.3%.


This increase raises my yield on cost to 6.74%.



Summary of 2024 Dividend Increases / Cuts



Click here to see my portfolio holdings.


You can follow the development of my dividends here.


Full Disclosure: Long TRP


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment