Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Dividend Increase - Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW)

 


 

Friday, August 5th the Board of Directors of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) announced a quarterly dividend increase of from $ 1.22 to $ 1.31 per share that’s payable October 14, 2022 to holders of record September 30, 2022. This represents a 7.38% increase over the last quarterly dividend.

 

With current price $ XX (yesterday's close), this raise brings their dividend yield to XX%.

 

ITW is a Dividend Champions with a 48 year streak of dividend increases. Dividend growth rates for 1, 3, 5 and 10 years are 6.7, 11.6, 15.1 and 12.9 (Dividend Champions.xls)

 

 

Since I own 20 shares of ITW, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by $ 5.36.

 

I was expecting an increase of about 5%, so now it's a bit more and of course I'm happy with that.

 

This is the fifth dividend increase I've received from ITW since initiating a position in August 2018. (More here) During this period, the quarterly dividend has risen mightily from $ 0.78 to $ 1.31, or 68 percent.

 

This increase raises my YOC to 4.05%.

 

 

Summary of 2021 Dividend Increases / Cuts

 

 

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

 

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

 

Full Disclosure: Long ITW

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment