Welcome and thanks for reading! In this review, I will gather together important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio holdings. In my week review, I put also together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week.
Dividends from My Portfolio Holdings:
- On April 23 I received a dividend of € 573.65 from UPM-Kymmene Corporation
- On April 24 I received a dividend of € 46.75 from Kraft Foods Group Inc.
Dividend income reported after the deduction of taxes. I have also updated my Monthly Dividend sheet.
Transactions of My Portfolio:
- On April 23, 2015 I bought 20 shares of Johnson & Johnson. (More here)
News from My Portfolio Holdings:
TeliaSonera: April 21, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Net sales in local currencies, excluding acquisitions and disposals, increased 1.5 percent. In reported currency, net sales increased 8.8 percent to SEK 26,041 million (23,926). Service revenues in local currencies, excluding acquisitions and disposals, decreased 1.1 percent.
- EBITDA, excluding non-recurring items decreased 4.3 percent in local currencies, excluding acquisitions and disposals. In reported currency, EBITDA, excluding non-recurring items, increased 2.3 percent to SEK 8,540 million (8,345). The EBITDA margin, excluding non-recurring items, decreased to 32.8 percent (34.9).
- Operating income, excluding non-recurring items, decreased 12.6 percent to SEK 5,496 million (6,286).
- Net income attributable to owners of the parent company decreased 5.9 percent to SEK 3,714 million (3,945) and earnings per share to SEK 0.86 (0.91).
- Free cash flow increased to SEK 2,853 million (2,556) despite higher cash CAPEX, supported by lower taxes and working capital changes.
- Group outlook for 2015 is unchanged.
Tele2 AB: April 21, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- In the quarter net sales grew by 6 percent to SEK 6,511 (6,152)
- Mobile end-user service revenue in Tele2 Sweden grew by more than 5 percent in Q1 2015 and EBITDA increased to SEK 893 (745) million
- Tele2 Netherlands continued to gain market share by adding 21,000 (47,000) customers and taking the total mobile customer base to 834,000 (741,000)
- Customer intake in Tele2 Kazakhstan increased to 428,000 (20,000) in Q1 2015
- In Q1 2015, the sale of Tele2 Norway was completed after approval by regulatory authorities
The Coca-Cola Company: April 22, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Reported net revenues grew 1% and organic revenue grew 8%
- Reported EPS was $0.35 and comparable EPS was $0.48
- Gained global value share in nonalcoholic ready-to-drink beverages
- Cash from operations increased to $1.6 billion
- Maintain underlying full-year currency neutral growth expectations
McDonald's Corporation: April 22, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Global comparable sales decrease of 2.3%, reflecting negative guest traffic in all major segments
- Consolidated revenues decrease of 11% (1% in constant currencies)
- Consolidated operating income decrease of 28% (20% in constant currencies) due to weaker operating performance and $195 million of strategic charges related to restaurant closings and other management actions
- Diluted earnings per share of $0.84, a decrease of 31% (23% in constant currencies), which includes strategic charges totaling $0.17 per share and a negative foreign currency translation impact of $0.09 per share. In constant currencies and excluding the strategic charges, earnings per share decreased $0.11 or 9%
- Return of $1.4 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases
T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. April 22, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Net revenues of $1.0 billion, ($954.6 million)
- Net income of $309.5 million, ($304.3 million)
- Diluted earnings per common share of $1.13, ($1.12 )
AT&T Inc. April 22, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- $0.61 diluted earnings per share in the first quarter compared to $0.70 diluted EPS in the year-ago quarter. Excluding significant items, EPS was $0.63 versus $0.71 a year ago. The year-earlier quarter includes about 3 cents of EPS from divested assets
- First-quarter consolidated revenues of $32.6 billion, up 0.3 percent versus the year-earlier period and up 1.2 percent when adjusting for the sale of Connecticut wireline properties; wireline business and total revenue growth impacted by foreign exchange
- Strategic business services revenues of $2.6 billion up 15.4 percent when adjusted for the Connecticut wireline sale; now 32 percent of total wireline business revenues
- Wireless operating income margin of 24.5 percent for the first quarter; adjusted EBITDA service margin of 45.3 percent
- Full-year standalone guidance on track
PepsiCo, Inc. April 23, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Organic revenue grew 4.4 percent
- Core gross margin expanded 150 basis points
- Core EPS increased 1 percent to $0.83
- Core constant currency EPS increased 12 percent
Reported (GAAP) results
- Net revenue declined 3 percent reflecting the impact of adverse foreign exchange translation
- Gross margin expanded 100 basis points
- EPS increased 3 percent to $0.81
- Reaffirms 7 percent core constant currency EPS growth target for 2015
- Foreign exchange translation now expected to adversely impact core EPS by 11 percentage points
- On track to deliver approximately $1 billion productivity savings and $8.5 to $9 billion cash return to shareholders
Altria Group, Inc. April 23, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Altria’s 2015 first-quarter reported diluted earnings per share (EPS) decreased 11.9% to $0.52, as comparisons were affected by special items.
- Altria’s 2015 first-quarter adjusted diluted EPS, which excludes the impact of special items, increased 10.5% to $0.63.
- Altria reaffirms its 2015 full-year adjusted diluted EPS to be in the range of $2.75 to $2.80, representing a growth rate of 7% to 9% from an adjusted diluted EPS base of $2.57 in 2014.
Baxter International Inc. April 23, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Baxter reported first quarter net income of $430 million and earnings per diluted share of $0.78, compared to net income of $556 million and earnings per diluted share of $1.01 in the same period last year.
- First quarter 2015 results include net after-tax special items totaling $120 million (or $0.22 per diluted share)
- On an adjusted basis, excluding special items in both periods, Baxter reported first quarter net income of $550 million compared to $652 million reported in 2014.
- Worldwide sales of $3.76 billion declined 2 percent from the $3.85 billion reported in the first quarter of 2014. Excluding the impact of foreign currency, Baxter’s sales increased 4 percent. Sales in the United States grew 4 percent to $1.7 billion, while international sales of $2.1 billion declined 6 percent from the prior-year period. Excluding foreign currency, international sales increased 5 percent.
Johnson & Johnson: April 23, 2015
- Johnson & Johnson Announces Dividend Increase of 7.1% (More here)
Neste Oil Corporation: April 24, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Comparable operating profit totaled EUR 215 million (Q1/2014: EUR 50 million)
- Total refining margin was USD 11.66/bbl (Q1/2014: USD 8.44/bbl)
- Renewable Products' comparable sales margin was USD 205/ton (Q1/2014: USD 182/ton)
- Net cash from operations totaled EUR -185 million (Q1/2014: EUR -178 million)
- Return on average capital employed (ROACE) was 12.6% (2014: 10.1%)
- Full-year 2015 guidance revised upwards on 21 April (More here)
Orion Corporation: April 24, 2015
- Orion upgrades full-year outlook for 2015 (More here)
Articles that caught my attention:
- Warren Buffett's 10 Highest Yielding Dividend Stocks by Tom Roberts on Dividend Yield - Stock, Capital, Investment
- This Too Shall Pass: Investment in the Integrated Oil Majors by Passive Income Pursuit
- Norfolk Southern Corp. (NSC) Stock Analysis by Dividend Diplomats
- Walmart Stock Analysis – The Gentle Giant with Generous Dividends Trading at 10% Discount by DivGuy on Dividend Monk
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) Dividend Stock Analysis by D4L on Dividend Growth Stocks
- Can I Make Money Investing in Stocks? by There's Value
- Dividend Growth Stocks Increase Intrinsic Value Over Time by Dividend Growth Investor
- American Water Works (AWK) Dividend Stock Analysis by Roadmap2Retire on Seeking Alpha
- How to Make Money in Your Sleep with Forever Dividend Investing by Dividend Growth Investor
- Shopping for Bargains with TJX Companies, Inc. - Dividend Stock Analysis by Passive Income Pursuit on Seeking Alpha
- Feed Your Family With These 4 Monthly Paying REITs by Brad Thomas on Seeking Alpha
- How To Compare Dividend Stocks by Dividend Engineering
- Warren Buffett’s Top 20 Dividend Stocks with the Highest Yields by Ben Reynolds on Sure Dividend
- The Newest Dividend Growth Challengers: Technology by My Dividend Growth
- HCP bra bolag har sina skavanker också by petrusko
- Ytterligare en amerikansk utdelningsaristokrat tillbevakningslistan by Långsiktig investering
- Attractively Valued Ameriprise Financial: A Long-Term Total Return Opportunity Raises Dividend 16% by Chuck Carnevale on Seeking Alpha
I wish all readers a nice next week.