Welcome and thanks for reading! In this review, I will gather together important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio holdings. In my week review, I put also together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week.
Dividends from My Portfolio Holdings:
- On April 29 I received a dividend of € 31.47 from Bank of Nova Scotia.
- On April 2 I received a dividend of € 61.56 from AT&T
Dividend income reported after the deduction of taxes. I have also updated my Monthly Dividend sheet.
News from My Portfolio Holdings:
Kinder Morgan, Inc. April 28, 2014 (More here)
- EPB to Purchase Natural Gas Assets from Kinder Morgan, Inc. for Approximately $2 Billion
Fortum Corporation: First Quarter 2014 Results April 29, 2014. (More here)
- Finnish electricity distribution business sale completed
- Comparable operating profit EUR 477 (524) million, -9%
- Operating profit EUR 2,333 (477) million, of which EUR 1,856 (-47) million relates to items affecting comparability, i.e. mainly to the sale of the Finnish electricity distribution business
- Earnings per share EUR 2.53 (0.45), +462%, of which EUR 2.09 (-0.04) per share relates to items affecting comparability. The effect of the sale of the Finnish electricity distribution business was EUR 2.08 per share
- Cash flow from operating activities totalled EUR 566 (467) million, +21%
UPM-Kymmene Corporation: First Quarter 2014 Results April 29, 2014. (More here)
- Earnings per share excluding special items were EUR 0.27 (0.18), and reported EUR 0.36 (0.09)
- Operating profit excluding special items improved to EUR 196 million, 7.9% of sales (144 million, 5.8% of sales)
- EBITDA was EUR 313 million, 12.6% of sales (284 million, 11.5% of sales)
- Growth initiatives progressed in UPM Biorefining, UPM Paper Asia and UPM Raflatac
- 78% of the targeted annualised EUR 200 million cost savings achieved in Q1 2014
- Operating cash flow was EUR 264 million and net debt decreased to EUR 2,777 million
NCC AB: First Quarter 2014 Results April 29, 2014. (More here)
- Orders received: SEK 13,223 M (11,675)
- Net sales: SEK 9,832 M (10,084)
- Loss after financial items SEK 239 M (loss: 276)
- Loss after tax for the period: SEK 187 M (loss: 219)
- Loss per share SEK 1.71 (loss: 1.99)
Orion Corporation: First Quarter 2014 Results April 29, 2014. (More here)
- Operating profit was EUR 67 (74) million.
- Profit before taxes was EUR 66 (74) million.
- Equity ratio was 39% (41%).
- ROCE before taxes was 39% (51%).
- ROE after taxes was 47% (50%).
- Basic earnings per share were EUR 0.37 (0.39).
- Cash flow per share before financial items was EUR 0.30 (0.07).
- Orion received the first marketing authorisations in Europe for Bufomix Easyhaler® in April after the review period.
- The outlook estimate for 2014 remains unchanged. Orion estimates that in 2014 net sales will be at similar level to 2013 and that operating profit will be slightly lower than in 2013.
Chevron Corporation: April 30, 2014 Chevron Announces Quarterly Dividend (More here)
- The Board of Directors of Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) today declared a quarterly dividend of one dollar and seven cents ($1.07) per share
Kraft Foods Group: First Quarter 2014 Results May 1 , 2014. (More here)
- Net revenues in the first quarter declined 3.3 percent to $4.4 billion.
- Operating income in the first quarter increased 11.7 percent to $0.9 billion.
- Earnings per share in the first quarter increased 11.8 percent to $0.85.
- Free Cash Flow was up 19.0 percent to $175 million.
Chevron Corporation: First Quarter 2014 Results May 2 , 2014. (More here)
- Earnings of $4.5 billion compared with $6.2 billion in the 2013 first quarter
- Earnings of $2.36 per share compared $3.18 per share in the 2013 first quarter
- Sales and other operating revenues in the first quarter 2014 were $51 billion, compared to $54 billion in the year-ago period
Articles that caught my attention:
- Wie weit bist du auf dem Weg zur finanziellen Freiheit? by smart-reich-werden
- Wal-Mart Dividend Stocks Analysis by Dividend Ladder
- 7 Stocks Currently On Sale by Dividend Growth Stock Investing
- Did I Really Buy a Company For 470 Times Earnings? by Passive Income Pursuit
- The importance of yield on cost by Dividend Growth Investor
- What Makes a Manager GREAT? by Income Surfer
- Chubb Corporation (CB) Dividend Stock Analysis by Dividend Growth Investor
- Colgate-Palmolive Company: High Quality But Should You Buy? by Passive Income Pursuit (Seeking Alpha)
- What Is Your Risk Tolerance With American Realty Capital Properties? by Brad Thomas (Seeking Alpha)
I wish everyone a nice next week.