Welcome and thanks for reading! In this review, I will gather together important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio holdings. In my week review, I put also together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week.
Dividends from My Portfolio Holdings:
- On December 1 I received a dividend of € 53.53 from Intel Corporation.
- On December 2 I received a dividend of € 31.04 from Pfizer Inc.
Dividend income reported after the deduction of taxes. I have also updated my Monthly Dividend sheet.
Transactions of My Portfolio:
- On December 5, 2014 I bought 35 shares of Toronto-Dominion Bank (More here)
News from My Portfolio Holdings:
Golar LNG: December 1, 2014
- Golar LNG Limited Share Repurchase Program (More here)
Fortum Corporation: December 2, 2014
- Fortum plans to increase its hydro portfolio by 60% through the restructuring of TGC-1 – Subject to successful restructuring, Fortum ready to take a minority stake in the Finnish Fennovoima nuclear project. (More here)
Tele2: December 2, 2014
- Tele2 and MTG’s Viaplay enter partnership (More here)
- Tele2 and Telit announce M2M/IoT cooperation (More here)
Chevron Corporation: December 2, 2014
- Chevron Announces First Oil From Jack/St. Malo Project in the Gulf of Mexico (More here)
TeliaSonera: December 3, 2014
- TeliaSonera and Telenor to combine their operations in Denmark (More here)
Royal Bank of Canada: December 3, 2014 Fourth Quarter Result (More here)
2014 compared to 2013
- Net income of $9,004 million (up 8% from $8,342 million)
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $6.00 (up $0.51 from $5.49)
- Return on common equity (ROE)(1) of 19.0% (down from 19.7%)
- Basel III Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) ratio of 9.9%
- Excluding specified items(2) : 2014 compared to 2013
- Net income of $9,136 million (up 10% from $8,342 million)
- Diluted EPS of $6.09 (up $0.60 from $5.49)
- ROE of 19.3% (down from 19.7%)
Q4 2014 compared to Q4 2013
- Net income of $2,333 million (up 11% from $2,101 million)
- Diluted EPS of $1.57 (up $0.18 from $1.39)
- ROE of 19.0% (up from 18.8%)
- Q4 2014 compared to Q3 2014
- Net income of $2,333 million (down 2% from $2,378 million)
- Diluted EPS of $1.57 (down $0.02 from $1.59)
- ROE of 19.0% (down from 19.6%)
Kinder Morgan Inc: December 3, 2014
- Kinder Morgan Announces 2015 Financial Expectations; Expects to Declare Dividends of $2.00 Per Share With Over $500 Million of Excess Coverage (More here)
NCC: December 4, 2014
- NCC is to conduct the energy renovation of Sorgenfrivang II, a municipal housing area outside Copenhagen. The contract, valued at SEK 480 million, is the largest renovation assignment to date for NCC in Denmark and pertains to the first housing area to gain the Green Building Council Denmark’s certification system, DGNB Denmark. (More here)
- NCC has been commissioned by the Norwegian Road Administration to construct the Bjørnegård Tunnel on the E16 expressway between Sandvika and Wøyen in Norway. The order amounts to approximately SEK 1.3 billion. (More here)
- NCC has entered into an agreement with the Capital Region of Denmark concerning the molding of the building structure for the new part of Rigshospitalet (Copenhagen University Hospital), named the North Wing. The total order value is approximately SEK 410 million. (More here)
TD Bank: December 4, 2014 Fourth Quarter Result (More here)
Fourth Quarter Highlights, compared with the fourth quarter last year:
- Reported diluted earnings per share were $0.91, compared with $0.84.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share were $0.98, compared with $0.95.
- Reported net income was $1,746 million, compared with $1,616 million.
- Adjusted net income was $1,862 million, compared with $1,815 million.
Fiscal 2014 Highlights, compared with last year:
- Reported diluted earnings per share were $4.14, compared with $3.44.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share were $4.27, compared with $3.71.
- Reported net income was $7,883 million, compared with $6,640 million.
- Adjusted net income was $8,127 million, compared with $7,136 million.
Bank of Nova Scotia: December 5, 2014 Fourth Quarter Result (More here)
Reported Basis: Fiscal 2014 Highlights
- Net income of $7,298 million, up 10% from last year
- Earnings per share (diluted) of $5.66 versus $5.11, up 11%
- Annual dividends per share of $2.56, compared to $2.39, an increase of 7%
Fourth Quarter Highlights (versus Q4, 2013)
- Net income of $1,438 million, down 14% from $1,676 million
- Earnings per share (diluted) of $1.10 compared to $1.29
- Return on Equity (ROE) of 11.9%, compared to 15.8% last year
- Quarterly dividend of 66 cents per common share
Fourth Quarter Highlights (versus Q4, 2013), excluding notable items(1)
- Net income of $1,703 million, up 2% from $1,676 million
- Earnings per share (diluted) of $1.32 compared to $1.29
- ROE of 14.4% compared to 15.8% last year
Articles that caught my attention:
- Should Morality Prevent You From Buying Blue-Chip Stocks? by Tim McAleenan Jr. on The Financial Home Of Tim McAleenan Jr.
- 3M is a Great Company but too Expensive by Dividend Ladder
- 8 Top Stocks With Recent Dividend Growth Or Stock Buyback Announcements by Tom Roberts on Dividend Yield - Stock, Capital, Investment
- Recent Buys From Fellow Dividend Investors (November) by Captain Dividend
- Brown Forman is a consistent dividend growth company by Dividend Growth Investor
- Air Products & Chemicals: Upside Baked into the Shares by Dividend Ladder
- Union Pacific Corporation – Falling Crude Prices Might Present An Opportunity by Roadmap2Retire on Seeking Alpha
- 48 MLPs For Income: Are The 10% To 20% Yields For Real, Or Too Good To Be True? Part 4 by Chuck Carnevale on Seeking Alpha
- What Strategy Works For You? by Retire Before Dad
- Dividend Aristocrats In Focus Part 52 of 54: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) by Ben Reynolds on Sure Dividend
- Dividend Aristocrats In Focus Part 53 of 54: Coca-Cola (KO) by Ben Reynolds on Sure Dividend
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) Dividend Stock Analysis by Dividend Growth Investor on Seeking Alpha
- My Philosophy On Long-Term Oil Investing by Tim McAleenan Jr. on The Financial Home Of Tim McAleenan Jr.
I wish all readers a nice next week.