Thursday, May 17, 2018

Recent Buy - Fortis Inc. (FTS.TO)

On Friday May 11, I bought 35 shares of Fortis Inc. at CA$ 42.30 per share plus commission.


My overall cost basis of this position increases from CA$ 41.38 to CA$ 41.85 per share. I totally hold now 75 shares of FTS and my yield on cost is 4.06%. You can look at my first purchase of FTS here



Details of my purchase: 




With current quarterly dividend (CA$ 0.425), my last purchase 35 shares of FTS increases € 29.33 (CA$ 44.33) of expected annual net dividend income. At today's exchange rate, this purchase will increase my portfolio projected annual net dividend income approximately to € 12,980.00. After this acquisition, FTS's weight of my portfolio is about 0.50% and its share of future annual dividend income is approximately 0.48%. My purpose is slowly to continue to build up FTS's share of my portfolio.


Click here to see my portfolio.

Full Disclosure: Long FTS

Thanks for stopping by!
  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hawk, how come you buy Fortis? You have a bunch of other stocks yielding more and with similar growth rate. Any specific reason? Or just even out the portfolio? Regards, T
    Http://toscananext.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi T, Fortis was the smallest Canadian utilities in the portfolio, so it was FTS's turn to grow up a bit.

      Thanks for visiting,
      DH

      Delete
  2. Great buy! Utilities have been out of favour and have been on my radar screen. I thought about buying FTS yesterday but went with CU because the yield was higher. I think both are good longterm investments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another week, another great buy, you are the perfect example of an investor who keeps investing every week, no matter the circumstances. Nice buy, you've grown your forward income by a lot already this year!

    DI

    ReplyDelete