Friday, March 24, 2017

Recent Buy - General Mills, Inc. (GIS)

On Tuesday March 21, I bought 20 shares of General Mills, Inc. at $ 58.46 per share plus commission.



Tuesday morning, General Mills reported fiscal 2017 third-quarter results, which was a small disappointment in the market, and I decided to put in the bid. My offer already went through on Pre-Market and, therefore, I grabbed a few more shares of GIS. 

My overall cost basis of this position decreases from $ 59.70 to $ 59.21 per share. I totally hold now 40 shares of GIS and my yield on cost is 3.24%. You can look at my first purchase of GIS here.



Details of my purchase: 


  

With current quarterly dividend ($ 0.48), my last purchase 20 shares of GIS increases € 26.54 ($ 28.61) of expected annual net dividend income. At today's exchange rate, this purchase will increase my portfolio projected annual net dividend income approximately to € 10,810.00. After this acquisition, GIS's weight of my portfolio is about 0.59% and its share of future annual dividend income is approximately 0.49%. I hope that the markets will decline and GIS as well. If and when that happens, I am planning to add GIS's share of my portfolio.

Click here to see my portfolio.

Full Disclosure: Long GIS

Thanks for stopping by!
 

4 comments:

  1. Another nice buy. I like GIS a lot long term. I think they will continue to adapt to changing consumer tastes by making strategic acquisitions. Buy when others do not want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIS is starting to look quite interesting now that it has pulled back... thanks for sharing and happy investing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitä mieltä olet Munich Re (Xetra) / Your opinion on Munich Re stock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moi, ei mulla ole mitään mielipidettä siitä, koska en ole koskaan tutkinut kyseistä yhtiötä!

      Kiitos vierailusta,
      DH

      Delete