Friday, February 10, 2017

Recent Buy - TELUS Corporation (NYSE:TU, TSE:T)

On Thursday, the ninth February I added 30 shares of TELUS Corporation (TU) at $32.95 per share plus commission.


My overall cost basis of this position decreases from $ 33.24 to $ 33.22 per share. I totally hold now 180 shares of TU and my yield on cost is 4.40%. You can look at my first purchase of TU here.



Details of my purchase:




With current quarterly dividend (CA$ 0.48), my last purchase 30 shares of TU increases € 30.64 (CA$ 42.91) of expected annual net dividend income. At today's exchange rate, this purchase will increase my portfolio projected annual net dividend income approximately to € 10,500.00. After this acquisition, TU's weight of my portfolio is about 1.5% and its share of future annual dividend income is approximately 1.75%. During this year, I hope, that I'm able to increase TU's share of my portfolio, if the price remains at these levels.

Click here to see my portfolio.

Full Disclosure: Long TU

Thanks for stopping by!
 

5 comments:

  1. Hej Hawk. Congrats on the purchase.

    Why do you buy this stock in the US and not in Canada since you are not a resident of the US anyway?

    I think the exchange rate with Canada is better in Euro's and now you get an exchange rate 2 times instead of 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI P2F and thanks! I bought TELUS from NYSE, because my broker, for some reason doesn't allow me to purchase it from TSE.

      Cheers,
      DH

      Delete
    2. Pitty. I prefer buying in the country of origin. But I understand the reasoning. The second best thing I guess! :)

      Delete
  2. Does telus have long term growth like TD or is it short term hold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HH, for me its hopefully long term growth.

      Cheers,
      DH

      Delete