Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Recent Sell - Golar LNG Ltd. (GLNG)



23 December 2015 I Sold 75 shares of GLNG at $15.50 per share minus commission.


Golar LNG Limited, a midstream liquefied natural gas (LNG) company, engages in the transportation, regasification, liquefaction, and trading of LNG. The company operates in three segments: Vessel Operations, LNG Trading, and FLNG. It is involved in the acquisition, ownership, operation, and chartering of LNG carriers and floating storage regasification units (FSRUs); and the development of LNG projects. As of August 18, 2015, the company, together with the fleet held by Golar LNG Partner LP, owned and managed 26 LNG carriers and FSRUs. Golar LNG Limited was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda. (Yahoo Finance)

27th November 2013 I Bought 150 shares of GLNG at $35.91 per share plus commission $20.36. Half of them I sold in the summer of 2014 at a price of $51.35, later, it is easy to say, that it would have been better to sell all at that time.

Transaction details:


During my holding, I collected the dividends 8 times, the 9th dividend payment should come January 2016. These 75 shares gave me a loss $1,557.28 minus net dividend income $226.29 (Dividend income tax 25.5%). A total loss of $1,330.99. When I change the amounts in euros, which is my portfolio currency, my loss will be €939.99. By taking into account the net dividends (€185.43), my loss will be €754.56. 

The main reason to sell 75 GLNG shares had been making a capital gain loss which I can reduce previous gains on sales and therefore reduce the amount of future capital gains tax, which I need to pay. I am also a little suspicious of Golar's future, at least in the short term.
I'm still holding 150 shares of GLNG on my second broker, which I bought on July 2013.

With today's exchange rate, this sell 75 shares of GLNG decreases €92.19 ($100.58) of expected annual net dividend income and decreases my portfolio projected annual net dividend income approximately to €9,610.00.

Click here to see my portfolio.

Disclosure:  Long GLNG
 

No comments:

Post a Comment