Friday, August 28, 2015

Dividend Increase – Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS)


Today the Board of Directors of Bank of Nova Scotia announced a quarterly dividend increase of from CA$0.68 to CA$0.70 per share that’s payable October 28, 2015 to holders of record October 6, 2015. This represents a 6.06 % increase over the fourth quarter 2014 dividend of CA$0.66 per share and a 2.94 % increase over for the second quarter 2015 of CA$0.68 per share. With current price CA$59.26 (today's open), this raise brings their dividend yield to 4.72%. 

Since I own 135 shares, this will increase my portfolio's projected annual net dividend income by CA$8.05.

That increase rises my YOC to 4.52%.

Click here to see my portfolio holdings.

You can follow the development of my dividends here.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on another raise, DH. Thats a nice chunk of BNS shares you have in your portfolio - hopefully I will get there someday :)

    Best wishes
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DH!!

    Could you tell me what is the tax rate for canadian dividends?

    Thanks for your help and best regards.
    Divindependencia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Divindependencia!

      Finland and Canada has a tax treaty, so the withholding tax is 15% for canadian dividends. In addition to this I have to pay 10.5% for Finnish State, because of my total tax from dividend income is 25.5%.

      Hopefully this was helpfull,
      DH

      Delete