Welcome and thanks for reading! In this review, I will gather together important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio holdings. In my week review, I put also together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week.
Dividends from My Portfolio Holdings:
- On April 13 I received a dividend of € 59.88 from Philip Morris International Inc.
- On April 14 I received a dividend of € 1162.20 from Fortum Corporation
- On April 14 I received a dividend of € 193.70 from Neste Oil Corporation
- On April 14 I received a dividend of € 46.78 from Global X SuperDividend ETF
- On April 16 I received a dividend of € 477.99 from TeliaSonera
Dividend income reported after the deduction of taxes. I have also updated my Monthly Dividend sheet.
News from My Portfolio Holdings:
Intel Corporation: April 14, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Flat revenue year-on-year: PC business down, offset by growth in data center, Internet of Things (IoT) and non-volatile memory businesses
- Operating income of $2.6 billion, up 4 percent year-over-year
- Data Center Group revenue of $3.7 billion, up 19 percent year-over-year; Internet of Things Group revenue of $533 million, up 11 percent year-over-year
- Client Computing Group revenue of $7.4 billion, down 16 percent sequentially and down 8 percent year-over-year.
- Data Center Group revenue of $3.7 billion, down 10 percent sequentially and up 19 percent year-over-year.
- Internet of Things Group revenue of $533 million, down 10 percent sequentially and up 11 percent year-over-year.
- Software and services operating segments revenue of $534 million, down 4 percent sequentially and down 3 percent year-over-year.
Johnson & Johnson: April 14, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Reported sales of $17.4 billion for the first quarter of 2015, a decrease of 4.1% as compared to the first quarter of 2014
- Reported net earnings and diluted earnings per share for the first quarter of 2015 were $4.3 billion and $1.53, respectively
- Reported adjusted net earnings for the current quarter were $4.4 billion and adjusted diluted earnings per share were $1.56, representing decreases of 5.9% and 4.3%, respectively, as compared to the same period in 2014
- The Company updated its adjusted earnings guidance for full-year 2015 to $6.04 - $6.19 per share
Kinder Morgan Inc. April 15, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Reported first quarter distributable cash flow before certain items of $1.242 billion versus $573 million for the comparable period in 2014. This increase is primarily attributable to the KMI merger transactions completed in November 2014.
- Distributable cash flow per share before certain items was $0.58 compared to $0.55 for the first quarter last year.
- First quarter net income before certain items was $445 million compared to $624 million for the same period in 2014.
- Certain items after tax in the first quarter totaled a net gain of $14 million compared to a net loss of $23 million for the same period last year.
- Net income was $459 million compared to $601 million for the first quarter last year. The decrease in net income before certain items was driven by higher interest expense, book taxes and DD&A expense.
- Announced that its board of directors approved an increase in its quarterly cash dividend to $0.48
- KMI on Track to Meet its Full-Year Dividend Target of $2 per Share
Philip Morris International, Inc. April 16, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Reported diluted earnings per share of $1.16, down by $0.02 or 1.7% versus $1.18 in 2014
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $1.16, down by $0.03 or 2.5% versus $1.19 in 2014
- Cigarette shipment volume of 198.8 billion units, up by 1.4% excluding acquisitions
- Reported net revenues, excluding excise taxes, of $6.6 billion, down by 4.4%
- Reported operating companies income of $3.0 billion, down by 2.2%
- Reported operating income of $2.9 billion, down by 2.7%
- PMI increases its 2015 full-year reported diluted earnings per share forecast to be in a range of $4.32 to $4.42, at prevailing exchange rates, versus $4.76 in 2014.
General Electric Company: April 17, 2015 First Quarter Result (More here)
- Industrial segment profit +9%, with 5 of 7 segments growing earnings
- Industrial segment revenue $24.4 billion, -1%, +3% organic; FX impact of ~$(950) million
- Oil & Gas revenue flat and operating profit +11%, on organic basis
- Industrial segment gross margins 26.2%, +90 bps
- Industrial segment operating profit margins 14.6%, +120 bps
- Industrial segment growth market revenue +6%, strength in Middle East, Latin America, Africa, China, India
- Record backlog of $263 billion +7% vs. 1Q’14
- GE Capital ENI (ex. liquidity) at $303 billion, -19% vs. 1Q’14
- On track for Industrial EPS goal of $1.10-1.20 for 2015
Articles that caught my attention:
- Is CNQ a value investment? by Dividend Earner
- Six Companies Showering Shareholders with Higher Dividends by Dividend Growth Investor
- Dividends To Lift Your Spirits by DivHut
- Can Becton, Dickinson And Company Cure Your Portfolio? by Passive Income Pursuit on Seeking Alpha
- Are Tobacco Stocks Still A Good Investment? by Roadmap2Retire
- Year-To-Date Dividend Aristocrat Winners: Low Yield IsOutperforming by Ben Reynolds on Sure Dividend
- McDonald’s Stock Analysis – Is the Golden Age of the GoldenArches Behind us? by DivGuy on Dividend Monk
- How much is a dollar worth to you? by Dividend Life
- 5 Best U.S. Dividend Growth Stocks by D4L on Dividend Growth Stocks
- Does Paying a Dividend Reduce a Company’s Value? by Dividend Growth Investor
- The Money Value of Time and Dividend Stocks by Ben Reynolds on Sure Dividend
- The Highest Yielding Picks From Goldman Sachs 40 Cheapest Stocks List by Tom Roberts on Dividend Yield - Stock, Capital, Investment
- Cincinnati Financial Corp. (CINF) Dividend Stock Analysis by D4L on Dividend Growth Stocks
- Eaton Corporation PLC – Dividend Fact Sheet by Dividend Engineering
- Active Versus Passive: A Dollar Isn’t A Dollar by Dividend Mantra
- Philip Morris International (PM) Dividend Stock Analysis by Dividend Growth Investor
- 6 Additional High Yielding Stocks For Income Investors by Tom Roberts on Dividend Yield - Stock, Capital, Investment
I wish all readers a nice next week.