Welcome and thanks for reading! In this review, I will gather together important and interesting news and events over the last week related to my portfolio holdings. In my week review, I put also together some interesting articles from other websites that caught my attention during the past week.
Dividends from My Portfolio Holdings:
- On April 14 I received a dividend of € 42.86 from Philip Morris International, Inc.
- On April 15 I received a dividend of € 193.70 from NesteOil.
Dividend income reported after the deduction of taxes. I have also updated my Monthly Dividend sheet.
News from My Portfolio Holdings:
The Coca-Cola Company: First Quarter 2014 Results April 15, 2014. (More here)
- Global unit case volume grew 2%. Coca-Cola International volume grew 2% while North America’s volume was even.
- Reported net revenues declined 4%. Excluding the impact of structural changes, comparable currency neutral net revenues grew 2%.
- Reported operating income declined 1%. Excluding the impact of structural changes, comparable currency neutral operating income grew 7% while we accelerated investments behind our brands.
- Reported EPS was $0.36, down 6%, and comparable EPS was $0.44, down 4%. Comparable currency neutral EPS increased 5%.
- Gained both global volume and value share in nonalcoholic ready-to-drink beverages, with value share gains ahead of volume share gains.
- As part of the expansion of our productivity and reinvestment program announced in February, we are on track to invest an incremental $400 million in 2014 media initiatives in order to accelerate top-line growth.
- Cash from operations was $1.1 billion.
Intel Corporation: First Quarter 2014 Results April 15, 2014. (More here)
- PC Client Group revenue of $7.9 billion, down 1 percent year-over-year
- Data Center Group revenue of $3.1 billion, up 11 percent year-over-year
- Net Income of $1.9 billion, down 5 percent year-over-year
- EPS of 38 cents, down 5 percent year-over-year
- Safe Bristolia work program increased and contract extension for Safe Astoria, April 14, 2014. (More here)
- Contract extension for Safe Hibernia, April 15, 2014. (More here)
Kinder Morgan, Inc. First Quarter Earnings Release April 16, 2014. (More here)
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. today reported first quarter cash available to pay dividends of $573 million, up 12 percent from $513 million for the same period a year ago, and remains on track to meet or exceed its published annual budget of $1.78 billion in cash available to pay dividends.
- The board of directors increased the quarterly cash dividend to $0.42 per share ($1.68 annualized), which is payable on May 16, 2014, to shareholders of record as of April 30, 2014.
- This represents an increase of 11 percent from the first quarter 2013 cash dividend per share of $0.38 ($1.52 annualized) and is up from the fourth quarter 2013 dividend of $0.41 ($1.64 annualized) per share.
- As previously announced, KMI expects to declare dividends of $1.72 per share for 2014, an 8 percent increase over its 2013 declared dividend of $1.60 per share.
Philip Morris International Inc. First Quarter 2014 Results April 17, 2014. (More here)
- Reported diluted earnings per share of $1.18, down by $0.10 or 7.8% versus $1.28 in 2013
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $1.19, down by $0.10 or 7.8% versus $1.29 in 2013
- Cigarette shipment volume of 196.0 billion units, down by 4.4%
- Reported net revenues, excluding excise taxes, of $6.9 billion, down by 8.8%
- Reported operating companies income of $3.0 billion, down by 12.9%
- Adjusted operating companies income of $3.0 billion, down by 12.3%
- Reported operating income of $3.0 billion, down by 13.0%
- Repurchased 15.4 million shares of the company's common stock for $1.25 billion
- PMI revises its 2014 full-year reported diluted earnings per share forecast to be in a range of $5.09 to $5.19, versus $5.26 in 2013.
PepsiCO: First Quarter 2014 Results April 17, 2014. (More here)
- Reported EPS increased 15 percent to $0.79
- Organic revenue grew
4.0 percent in the quarter. Reported net revenue was even
versus the prior-year quarter, reflecting the impacts of foreign exchange
translation and structural changes
- Core constant
currency operating profit increased 7 percent. Reported operating
profit increased 9 percent
- Company expects to
return approximately $8.7 billion to shareholders through
dividends and share repurchases in 2014, a 35 percent year-over-year increase
- Company reaffirms 7 percent core constant currency EPS growth target for 2014
- On track to deliver approximately $1 billion in annual productivity savings in 2014
Articles that caught my attention:
- How to monitor your dividend investments by Dividend Growth Investor
- Companies Die by Roadmap2Retire
- If You’re A Dividend Growth Investor…… by Income Surfer
- 1 Excellent Way to Profit From the Coming LNG Shipping Boom by Adam Galas (The Motley Fool)
- Constructing And Designing The Stock Portfolio That's Just Right For You: Part 1 by Chuck Carnevale (Seeking Alpha)
- Is Chevron Right For Your Dividend Growth Portfolio? by Dividend Appreciator (Seeking Alpha)
- Is There Adequate Bench Strength For Digital Realty? by Brad Thomas (Seeking Alpha)
- HCP Is Climbing Back Up, Should I Get Back In The Game? by Brad Thomas (Seeking Alpha)
- What Could I Replace My Walgreen’s Stock With? by Dividend Growth Stock Investing
- Prosafe SE: Bullish Momentum To Continue For This 8% Dividend Yielder by Street Smart Investor (Seeking Alpha)
- Is Family Dollar Stores, Inc. A Bargain? by Passive Income Pursuit
- Reinvest or Pool? by Passive Income Pursuit
- Stock Analysis of Altria Group by Dividend Growth Investor (The Div-Net)
- The Clorox Company: A Cursory Look by Income Surfer (Seeking Alpha)
- Fred Olsen Energy: Undervalued Stock With 10% Dividend Yield by Street Smart Investor (Seeking Alpha)
I wish everyone a nice next week.